Thursday, December 26, 2013

Grout Cleaner

 
 
Grout Cleaner Recipe
8 cups water
1/2 cup baking soda
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup vinegar
 
and 1 magic eraser for those few extra stubborn spots!
 
I HATE having white grout in our kitchen.
But that's how it was when we bought this house, and its the only floor in the house that we didn't change. (I really wish we did, its such a dirt trap!) I cant stand how you can easy see even one little speck of dirt on it. It just shows everything so easily!
 
I scrub the grout about once a month, sometimes more. I have never really found a decent recipe until this one. I found it online somewhere a while back and wrote it down. and I added the magic eraser. :)
 
I mixed all the ingredients in a gallon bucket, with a mop, and slathered the entire floor with it, I then went upstairs and cleaned for about 2 hours, when I came back down, the floor was still wet so I took my mop and got to scrubbing! Like I said above, for some of the tough spots I used a kitchen magic eraser. Above is a before and after picture. I know it is not perfectly spotless white, however, I am happy with how it turned out! I think I am going to stick with this grout cleaning recipe for a little while.
 
Anyone have any good grout cleaning recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment