Friday, July 12, 2013

DIY GRADUATION season!

My little cousin whom I have always looked at as a little brother just graduated high school. Although it makes me a little sad because him and his brother are so grown, I cant help but let my excitement for him overcome that little bit of sadness. I am beyond proud of the amazing men that they have become and I love them dearly. 

For his graduation party, I made a small advice booklet and labeled it "Life Advice for Cole" and then I set it out at his party and everyone who wanted to could write a piece of advice to him to always look back on.


The next part of his DIY party was the card I made him. As you can see from a few of my previous posts, I am obsessed with making cards right now. This one is pretty simple... although my favorite part was I used a 2nd graduation cap cutout on the inside of the card and didnt glue the top of it down, then we slipped some cash in it before we gave it to him, and it because a money holding card! Easy-Peasy! :)


The last part of this DIY Grad season post is my MOST FAVORITE!! (always save the best for last right?!) ;) 

I made this fun story telling candy board.

I
This was so much fun to do! I got the first few candy sentences from Google... but then I was stuck. I stood in the candy isle of CVS for almost an hour thinking of different ways to use different candies. (and candies that he would actually like at that!) I was so excited on how well this turned out and it was extremely easy to put together! I just wrote on black foam board with a silver sharpie and hot glued each candy on as I went. It was a huge hit at the party and I am very proud of this craft! :)

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment