Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Present Idea - DIY Date jar


 Every year I buy James gifts, but because I love crafting so much, I also try to make him a few things as well. Here is one gift I have made him this year... A DATE JAR! 
Even though we always find adventures and we ALWAYS have fun together, I think that sometimes it will be fun and spontaneous to just pick a date out of a jar and do it! Sounds like a great time, right?!

I had a clear vase with a lid in my candy buffet box from the wedding, so I washed it out and cleaned it up, then I just used black scrap-booking stickers to label it "DaTe JaR" So easy! (and cute!)

I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a pack of Popsicle sticks (the wider ones) and I just used a black sharpie to write a date idea on each one. I believe there are about 150-200 sticks and dates in this jar.

It only took me about a half hour to think up and write out each date idea and then just drop the stick into the jar. 


Some of the Date Ideas I used are:
- Coffee Date -Sushi Date - She picks a movie -He picks a movie -Hold hands and walk around a mall - Netflix night -Camp out in the backyard -Day long road trip - Rollerblading -  Fishing - Cuddle Date! - Chinese Food - Chili's - Leon's - Movies - and many many more! If you need some more ideas, feel free to ask and I will share more! 

I have this wrapped up and under our Christmas tree waiting for him!
This is also a great Valentines Day present, or anniversary gift that is easy and it doesn't cost a lot of money!

No comments:

Post a Comment