Wednesday, February 12, 2014

DIY: Sea Glass Jewelry Pieces!

Growing up one of my favorite things to do was go to the beach in Caseville and collect sea glass. As I got older sea glass became harder and harder to find. I always look for it but rarely find even one piece. 

I love creating with sea glass because of how it looks. Its so dull and smooth yet it always jumps out at me. 

MJM Supplies on etsy makes their own sea glass at home out of stones and broken glass. AMAZING! (Click on their name and check them out now!)  The colors are so vibrant and some of the shapes are so unique but have endless crafting possibilities! 

I bought a few bags of different stones and glass from MJM Supplies and I decided to share these couple of pieces that I just recently made. 

I made a few necklace charms using a blue stone, a green stone and a clear stone with a pretty blue swirl in it. I also made a chained bracelet out of 6 green stones and buttons (I'm also obsessed with buttons!) 

I love the bright green stones with the forest green buttons :) its a fun and casual look that can go with many color combinations! 

These jewelry pieces were so easy to make and the price of the stones are so reasonable I can't wait to buy from MJM Supplies again! I have so many fun crafting ideas to do with these homemade pieces and I can't wait to share the rest with you! 

Next on my list is an up-cycled CD necklace for my mom with buttons and sea glass :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment