Sunday, July 20, 2014

Eggplant Pizza

With my new & improved healthier lifestyle I have taken up... I have been really enjoying trying new things. Mainly foods & recipes.

Tonight I made Egg Plant Pizza's.
OH.     MY.   GOSH.

DELICIOUS!


Here is my shopping list:
  • 1 eggplant
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • fat free provolone cheese slices
  • lean ham lunch meat
  • lean turkey lunch meat
  • Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning (salt-free!)
  • tinfoil
  • light olive oil
 
Here is what I did:
(numbers according to the pictures above)

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, & cut up the eggplant into about 1/2 inch slices
  2. Cover a pan with tinfoil and coat it lightly with light olive oil. Lay out eggplant slices evenly and dust each slice with light olive oil.You may also want to sprinkle on and seasonings. I used Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb. Bake in the over for 20 minutes. Don't forget to set a timer! ☺
  3. When your timer goes off, carefully pull out the pan, and carefully add a spoonful of tomato sauce to each slice.
  4. Next, I placed one piece of provolone cheese over the sauce on each slice of eggplant.
  5. Then I used my hands and ripped up a few pieces of lean lunch meat, ham & turkey. I placed those, covering each slice of eggplant, sauce and cheese. 
  6. Put them back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes. Depending on how crispy you want them. If you leave them in for too long, they will either burn or the eggplant will get super mushy

This meal was fairly quick and easy. Which is exactly how I like them. Because I run around all day, and we have such busy lives, I don't like to or have the time to spend hours every single day making dinner. 

These could be fun to play around with. I only used turkey and ham, but really you could put anything on it that you wanted! I am thinking about trying ham & pineapple next time I make these delicious little guys! Another thing that is nice, is if you have family members that are picky or like only certain pizza toppings, you can easily customize these mini pizzas! SCORE!

These were delicious, and healthy. I really enjoyed making these, and eating these! It was so nice to try something new and have it turn out to be so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment