Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Frozen Yogurt Cones - DIY


This is such a delicious... healthy... easy.... fun treat!
 I think it is perfect for a hot summer day, or even as dessert. I know that I have my moments where I am just craving ice cream or something else sweet, and this way I get my satisfaction & its not that unhealthy!

Here is my shopping list!
  • Waffle Cones (I bought Keebler brand)
  • Light & Fit Greek Yogurt
  • Nature Valley Protein Granola
  • Blueberries
  •  Raspberries
  • Strawberries
Here is what I did to make these:
  1. place waffle cone into a bowl or glass. (you want the bowl or glass to hold the cone upright)
  2. in a bowl, mix together some yogurt, fruit and granola
  3. scoop the mixture into the waffle cones, almost all the way to the top
  4. sprinkle some granola and fruit on top
  5. place in freezer for 2-4 hours. 

This treat was so simple & quick to make. 
You can really be creative with this healthy snack..

Note: I did make another batch of these and left them in the freezer over night... I personally think the yogurt got too hard and frozen. When I did my 1st batch and only left them in the freezer for 2 hours, it was almost a perfect frozen yogurt consistency.  

Comment a picture below if you try these! I would love to see what toppings you choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment