Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Chocolate Reindeer - DIY

Here is a fun and easy DIY for Christmas time! It is great for kids, or even adults! It is even great for a fun stocking stuffer!!

Here is what you'll need:
Hershey's chocolate bars
Brown construction paper
Red construction paper
White or Off-white construction paper
Googly eyes
Brown pipe cleaners
Scissors
Hot glue gun

 

1.  I started off by cutting the brown construction paper down to size, in order for it to wrap around the candy bar without having extra paper to hang over the sides. I just measured one, then cut all the pieces of brown construction paper to match. 

2. I then wrapped the brown construction paper around the candy bar and only used a small dot of hot glue on the corners of the paper, so that it didn't melt the chocolate bar at all.

3. I then folded one pipe cleaner in half, making a V shape, I then took two small pieces of another pipe cleaner and wrapped them around the ends of the V shaped pipe cleaner. I put a small dot of hot glue on the point of the V and stuck it inside the back of the brown construction paper that I had already wrapped around the candy bar.


4. I cut out cloud shapes from the off-white paper and sized them to the candy bar. I then used a small dot of hot glue to attach that.

5. I cut out off-white circles and smaller red circles and glued them together. (This is the reindeer's hair.)

6. I then placed them on the candy bar with a dot of hot glue as well. (This is the nose!) I added googly eyes between the hair and the nose, and TAH-DAH!!

You now have adorable and edible reindeer treats to pass out!
 

I passed these cuties out to all of the kiddos at our Christmas parties this year. They were a huge hit! Even some adults asked me for one to take home!
So make sure you make extra! Because everyone will want one!

These would even be great for your child's classroom or sports team around the holidays! As long as the chocolate is approved! But in all honesty, you could make smaller versions around granola bars and other rectangular snacks!   

If you make some of these, or a different version, please remember to share a picture in the comments below or even tag #CVA on Instagram! I would love to see your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment