Tuesday, January 22, 2013

DIY: Yummy Lovely Lips

 This past weekend when I was playing in the kitchen + making some fun homemade goodies... I made a sugar lip scrub + some homemade lip balm/gloss...
 
The lip scrub was very simple... its a mixture of 1/2 tsp of brown sugar, 1/2 tsp of honey, 1/2 tsp of olive oil + a pinch of powdered cinnamon! Mix all of that together + voilà! Dip your finger in the mixture + rub onto your lips in a circular motion for about a minute, then wipe of with a warm damp wash cloth, then apply a mild chapstick/lip balm; to lock in the moisture.
 
I also made homemade lip balm/gloss which was even EASIER! I melted a cup of Vaseline in the microwave, and then simply added different flavors of powdered Kool-Aid into it. I mixed it up really good + poured it into small jars. (I used little travel cases that you can buy for cheap in a bottle travel pack)
Then I left the caps off so the mixture could firm up a little bit (it took about an hour) Now I have some delicious + moisturizing lip gloss!
 
The sugar lip scrub made my lips so soft!! + of course I locked in the moisture with my new homemade lip balm!
 
 
NOTE: I read that it is not the best idea to use the lip scrub more than once a week, because over exfoliating could possible cause damage to some sensitive skin cells. I plan on using my sugar lip scrub about once a week, maybe twice if I have a special event or something. ;)
 
Here's to some yummy soft kissable lips!
 
xoxo - Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment