Friday, August 23, 2013

Yummy + Easy DIY Sea turtles

I saw this recipe online somewhere, A LONG TIME AGO and I couldn't remember the address to share. But I finally was sick and tired of our normal super unhealthy snacks, so I decided to make these. I paired up 5 whole almonds, pointing the points out on some of them, then I just clumped some together on wax paper. haha. (I got lazy)
 
 
Using semisweet baking chocolate chips, I melted a handful in the microwave, and then just plopped a spoonful on each mound of almonds.
 
 
After they all had a chocolate "shell" I put them in the fridge for about an hour, and then they were ready to snack on! We actually ended up having some company over the night I made these, and everybody loved them!
 
I know that they are not fruit or veggies, so they are not the healthiest, but they are better than a candy bar, or better than going to the ice cream shop on the corner. (Which we seem to do a lot)
 
They were super easy and they are delicious!
I will defiantly be making these quite often!

No comments:

Post a Comment