Sunday, September 15, 2013

Scent your entire home

 Our house doesn't smell "bad" but with a dog and James working where he does, sometimes the house just doesn't smell "fresh"..... for a quick and AMAZING fix, I poured a small amount of vanilla extract into a coffee mug, and put it in the oven at 200 for a few hours. I clean the house, read, do anything I want or need to do while its in there. (of course I only do it when I am going to be home for a while) The vanilla makes the ENTIRE house smell so nice and cozy. What I love about the vanilla scent is that it is never too overpowering. Also, it smells good all year round, its not to cozy for the summer months, and its extra cozy on a cold fall day like today.
 
I am thinking of trying other oils and scents as well, I would love to do something with cinnamon for the winter time... we will see how that goes.
 
 
(please ignore the dirty oven)

No comments:

Post a Comment