Friday, October 18, 2013

DIY homemade applesauce in the Crocpot!


Why, hello there!
I saw a few posts on Pinterest about homemade apple sauce. 
I was in the baking mood, so I ran out and bought a few bags of apples from the local grocery store,
came home. Washed them. Peeled them. Cored them. Chopped them.

I threw them in our crocpot, with 1 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup water,  and sprinkled them with cinnamon. I put the crocpot on low, and let it cook for about 7 hours (stirring it occasionally)
And smelling it too of course! (it made the entire house smell amazing!)

After the 7 hours passed, I turned the crocpot off and I used a been smasher to smash the apple chunks. After baking all day, they were very soft and easy to smash.

I let the apple sauce cool down for a little while, and in the mean time I prepped the mason jar.
My one crocpot only filled 1 mason jar, and had a small amount left over for us to try out and snack on.

It was easy, fun, easy on the nose ;) and turned out delicious!

I just bought some more apples to make a few more jars to give away to people. 

This is a definite must try!




No comments:

Post a Comment