Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Grandmas Buttons - A little piece of Grandma


My Uncle has been going through my grandmothers things, and sending some of it my way. 
 He sent gave me all of her buttons!
When I get things of hers I try to think up fun and creative craft ideas to give to people who really knew and loved her. Like my brothers.

My oldest brother, Dan, drinks wine, loves wine, collects win, displays wine. So I thought 
OH! A WINE GLASS!
  
I laid it all out and began gluing!

I know its not perfect, and it honestly looks better in person (at least I think so) and I really think my brother really likes it!


My other older brother, Jeff,  is a hunter, an adventurous outdoors man, and a nature lover. 
I found a clip art of a buck and tried my best to recreate it and shape it. I personally think I did a pretty good job. But a part of crafting is making things from the heart and whether they look perfect or not, they still are. 
 

The best part of these pieces are that they have a very special meaning to all of us. Our grandma had bought these buttons, had these buttons and handled these buttons for who knows how many years. And now they are being displayed in our homes as a way to remind us of her, and now we have a piece of her always with us.   

♥Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment