Thursday, December 5, 2013

Our First House Key Ornament


We are obviously still living in our first house. We did have an apartment for a little while before we bought this house, however, this is our first HOME ♥ We we are planning on staying for at least a few years. I made up a batch of salt dough. (Recipe link is below) I love playing with clay and/or salt dough. I have been wanted to make a first house ornament for a little while now, and so I finally got around to it. I really tried to take a good picture of it, but I failed at that. It is silver and glittery in person, but my camera phone wouldn't pick up the sparkles. :( booo. Oh well. 

So, here is what I did. I made my salt dough (SO EASYY!!) I then rolled out a ball and flattened it. I used a straw to make a hole in the ornament for a ribbon to go through. Next, I took our key and pressed it into the dough. I took the key out and let it dry. After it dried out (I let it sit our for a few days) I painted it with one coat of sparkling silver and let that dry. Then I took black paint and painted our numbers on it. After that was dry I tied a green ribbon through the hole I made with the straw and hung it on our tree! 

YES IT REALLY WAS THAT EASY!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment