The Walking Dead? Have you ever heard of it?
ohh... I am sure you have. Who hasn't?!
Well James, my brothers, their girlfriends and myself are a little obsessed.
We get together every Sunday and eat dinner and watch the show and after show (Talking Dead) Yes. Every weekend.
For the season premiers and season finales I try to make something TWD related. I have made a giant zombie cookie, I have also made mini zombie cookies.
Well... Tonight was the season finale. ( so sad.... ) and I wanted to make something new and fun but still TWD related. James and I have been obsessed with our Ninja Blender ever since the day we got it and use it for smoothies quite often. So I thought why not a fun smoothie.
I have dog bone shaped ice trays that I could easily use for frozen yogurt bones. Then the idea just clicked. Blood Smoothies!
Here is how I made them...
* ( 1 ) 8 oz bag of frozen raspberries
* ( 2 ) 8 oz bags of frozen strawberries
* ( 4 ) small containers of Silk dairy free vanilla yogurt
* ( 6 ) cups of Vanilla Sink Almond Milk
* ( 2 ) bananas
* ( 1 ) can of chopped strawberries with juice
* bone shaped ice cube trays (i got mine at WalMart in the pet section)
* Guests thirsty for some Zombie Blood (EWW... ACTUALLY.. HAHA)
1. TAKE 2 OF THE YOGURT PACKS AND EMPTY THEM INTO A BOWL
2. OPEN THE CAN OR STRAWBERRIES AND MIX A LITTLE INTO THE YOGURT, BUT DON'T COMPLETELY MIX IT UP. just MAKE A RED BLOODY LOOKING SWIRL THROUGH THE WHITE YOGURT
3. PUT ABOUT A SPOONFUL ( OR 2 ) INTO EACH BONE OPENING OF THE ICE CUBE TRAY
4. PUT THAT IN THE FREEZER FOR A FEW HOURS ( i LEFT MINE IN OVER NIGHT )
1. MIX THE FROZEN RASPBERRIES, FROZEN STRAWBERRIES, BANANAS, OTHER 2 PACKS OF YOGURT AND VANILLA ALMOND MILD TOGETHER IN A BLENDER
2. BLEND UNTIL SMOOTH
3. ADD MORE almond MILK IF NEEDED
4. YOU CAN EVEN ADD A LITTLE BIT OF THE CANNED STRAWBERRIES AND JUICE BUT SAVE SOME OF THE JUICE!
5. WHEN BLENDED SMOOTH, STOP BLENDER AND POUR INTO YOUR CUPS
6. TAKE A FROZEN YOGURT BONE AND DIP IT IN THE LEFT OVER STRAWBERRY JUICE, SCOOPING UP A LITTLE BIT OF EXTRA JUICE
7. PLACE THE BLOODY LOOKING YOGURT BONE INTO THE SMOOTHIE STICKING ABOUT HALF WAY OUT. the SCOOPED UP STRAWBERRY JUICE WILL PUDDLE AROUND THE YOGURT BONE TO MAKE IT LOOK BLOODY
8. ADD A STRAW AND SERVE!
Are you a zombie OR Walking Dead LOVER?
take this to your next scary movie night or Walking Dead get together!
This is even a fun idea that I might use for Halloween this year!