Thursday, April 17, 2014

DIY Upcycled Garden Owl


The supplies I used for this are:
- 1 pie tin
- 2 aluminum can lids
- 2 spaghetti sauce jar lids
- 2 bottle caps
- 2 square bolts and nuts
- jewelry wire
- 2 smaller twigs
- 1 long twig
- 1 piece of bark
- E6000 glue
- drill
- my very handsome husband for the use of the tools


For this project. All I did was lay out the jar tops and lids where I wanted them to go. I had James drill the pieces, then I used the nuts and bolts to connect them all together. I then used the E6000 glue to attach the twigs for the eyebrows as well as the tree bark for the beak. After letting the glue dry for a few hours, I made a loop to hang by on the top hole of the pie tin, and I used jewelry wire to attache the long twig to the bottom two holes. I also tried to make the bottom wires look somewhat like feet or claws. It really was that easy! and very quick too! oh and cheep! The only thing I had to buy was a pie tin from the Dollar Tree! 

Yay for cheap and cute upcycled DIY projects!

I will be giving this to my mom and dad inside their Easter basket this year. I just know they will love it for their garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment