Saturday, April 25, 2015

Flower Pens - DIY

With the baby shower coming up soon, I am just finishing up some last final touches to make it a fun and girly shower. 

Here are the supplies you will need:

Pens (I used 5 I had around the house - 2 black and 3 purple)
hot glue gun + glue sticks
fake flowers (I got 1 bunch [5 flowers] from the Dollar Tree)
floral tape (also from Dollar Tree)
ribbon ( I pictured green here, but I ended up using pink [from Dollar Tree])
scissors


I started off by pulling off the flowers from their stems. I also pulled off the leaves, I was planning on using them but ended up just throwing them away. 
 

I threw away the steps and leaves. I then flipped the flowers over and used my scissors to cut of what was left of the stem.

 

I took the pens and floral tape and wrapped two layers around the pen. The floral tape is sticky, but not very sticky so I did seal the ends with a small dot of hot glue.
 
When the pens were all wrapped up in the floral tape, I flipped the flowers over, put a small amount of hot glue on the end of the pen and held it in place on the bottom of the flower until the glue was dry.

 

I added a pink bow (I just tied a piece of pink ribbon around the base of the flower and cut off the extra ribbon scrap to make the bow the size I wanted.)

Here are the final products. I think they are adorable!
They were cheap and did not take long to make at all.

 
These would be perfect for a shower - teacher gift - party - or just a cute addition to your desk at work. They look gorgeous in a small vase on the table, and I am excited to display them and use them at the baby shower.

If you make a version of these yourself, please share a picture of them in the comments below, or tag them on Instagram using #CreatingVirginiaAnne

I would love to see your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment