Monday, April 27, 2015

Baby Shower Title Buttons - DIY

With our baby shower coming soon, I wanted to throw together some fun buttons for the parents to be and grandparents to be to wear. I did not want to spend a lot of money on them though, because they are only going to be worn during the shower. So of course, I hopped into my car and went to the Dollar Tree and Walmart!

I purchased:
tan colored label stickers (Dollar Tree)
gold glitter alphabet stickers (Walmart)
ribbon (7 different colors and styles) (Walmart)
pin backings (Walmart)

I also used my hot glue gun and glue sticks that I already had around the house. I also used some leftover gold glitter and pink camo scrapbook paper that I purchased from Hobby Lobby to use for the  Pedicure Spa Jar that I made for baby shower game prizes!

here is a closer look at the ribbon styles and colors I used
 
I took white paper and used the gold alphabet stickers to write out:

Mommy
Daddy
Grandma (2 times)
Great Grandma (3 times)
 

I then cut those out and glued them onto the tan colored label stickers from the dollar store.
 

I peeled off those stickers and stuck them to the pink camo scrapbook paper.  I took scissors and cut those out, trying to match the shape of the sticker the best that I could, with leaving a fun pink camo border around the sticker.


I did the same exact thing all over again, but I glued the cut outs to the gold glitter scrapbook paper this time. I took my scissors and cut them out, again, trying to match the original shape as best as I could.


I then took my ribbons and cut them into various different sizes (2 pieces the same size of each ribbon style and color) I took my hot glue gun and started gluing the ribbons together at the top.

When the ribbons were all glued together, I used a dot of hot glue to attache the name tags I made to each set of ribbons. I also glued on a pin backing just above the glued on ribbons.

I let the glue dry for a few minutes, and then I flipped over the button to look at the pretty front of it, and I took my scissors to trim and shape each ribbon to make them look good together.

Here is the final product:

 

I am so excited to give them out on the day of the shower, and then be able to scrapbook ours afterwards!

If you make a version of these yourself, please share a picture of them in the comments below, or tag them on Instagram using #CreatingVirginiaAnne
 
I would love to see your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment